C Doo Dah's Chitter Chat: cHiLdhOoD mEmoRieS <$BlogMetaDatCa$>

Monday, April 30, 2007

cHiLdhOoD mEmoRieS



( BTW, WTF is everbody today, aint NOBODY talkin back at me today )

Everbody has their "feel like a kid again" moment. I was thinkin 'bout this when Molly posted her blog last week about rollin down a hill (which I have done and at -ahem- 40noneofyerbiznessomething, it dont feel that good the next day).

At lunch today, I had a feeling I was 8 years old again.

Now, I have made my chilrens PB&J sammiches now and again. They is in their teens now, so I dont get to make em for em anymore, they makes their own.

So back to it. I was hungered today around noon, so I looks in the pantry to see what we have. I see'd that I done bought a brand new jar of JIF CREAMY fer the chilrens.

Oh. My. GAWD.

And the only thing you can put with a fresh creamy PB sammich is grape jelly.



I wet my panties it were THAT GOOD.

And as I sat there and savored ever last bite, I thought of the things I liked whilst I was growin up back home.

Bomb Pops.
Pepsi Slushes at the Kwik Shop.
Laffy Taffy.
Pizza Rolls with chocolate milk.
Bubs Daddy.
Campbell's ABC Soup.
Happy Joes Taco Pizza.
Lipton's Chicken Noodle Os after swimming lessons.
Hiland Potato Chip and AE Dip.
((oops hee hee now ya'll can figger where I am originally from winkwink))
Ok. I will say it aout loud:
. . . FUNNEL CAKES and FRESH SQUEEZED LEMONADE FROM THE IOWA STATE FAIR.

What do ya'll crave when you (a) think of childhood (b) think of home . . ?

5 comments:

Blogger Al said...

My Grandma Wilson made the best Cinnimon Rolls in the world. She also owned the bottomless cookie jar full of tollhouse cookies.
Home made strawberry ice cream made with wild strawberrie.
Blackberry cobbler.
A & W Root Beer in the Gallon jug.
XXX Drive in BBQ Beef Sandwiches....
Thats a purty cool double jointed spoon you got there. Dids't you whittle it fur yerself?

2:33 PM CDT  
Blogger Phain said...

my momma's sour cream pound cake - fresh out of the oven. the recipe's been in my family for over 5 generations and we still clamour for it hot out of the oven.

3:36 PM CDT  
Blogger rennratt said...

I think of Flufernutter sandwiches and huge glasses of Moxie.

Best. Soda. EVER.

5:02 AM CDT  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

There isn't room enough to list all of my childhood food memories but this week I made a fluffer nutter (peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on white bread). OMG it took me right back to being a kid again. Heavenly!

7:31 AM CDT  
Blogger poody said...

In the small town where I grew up there was a man who made peanut rounders. This is a candy made of peanuts and something red and sugary. It comes in a round shape and they were so good. I wonder if they still make them. HMMM. Also Dr.Pepper with peanuts in the bottle. And Moonpies with Yahoos to wash it down. And dreamcicles from the ice cream truck! Yummy!

10:20 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™