C Doo Dah's Chitter Chat: Validation in Life <$BlogMetaDatCa$>

Monday, June 05, 2006

Validation in Life

Good Monday Morning!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited I got ta tell ya'll this! This is a rare occasion of inner JOY in my heart!

OK, LONG STORY - - -I was invited somehow or another to join this Art Challenge Blog. All them people on there, and they is a ton of em, they is artists and DRAW. OMG they is SO good too. So, I accepted the invitation. www.artblogchallenge.blogspot.com

They do a challenge ever month. One month it was Sci-Fi, another month it was The Secret Lives of Elephants. I was like, OH SHIT, some of these I will not be able to participate in, where I's goin'a find me an elephant here in nofuckingwhere, but alot of the artists skip months. So, oh well. I shore did think it would challenge me ta photo things other than flowers and my barn.

This month, June 1 they done announced it was Las Vegas. So I rack my brain, and tried ta photograph some marischino cherries (ya know - 3 cherries KACHING jackpot!) and they really didnt turn out, maybe if I had fresh Bing ones, that might have worked. The jar marischinos just was yuck. And, I didnt wanna go to Graceland and photo Elvis stuff, BORING. And I not sure they even let cameras in.

So then, one afternoon I spies 3 lemons sitting in the fruit basket. I always buy lemons cause I use them alot in ice tea and club soda and cooking etc etc. So I get these 3 and call it "No Cherries, All Lemons" because pretty much I am a looser. Well, I shore did like the look.

So I submitted 2 of the shots, explained on the blog why I photo instead of draw anymore and thought, well either they accept me or not, I gave it a shot. I also included my fresh eyeballs blog for them to check me out. (By the way, I posted more of my experimental Las Vegas pics there at F.E. go and check em out)

None of them HAD ta comment, ya'll know you bloggers dont really negatively comment, ya'll kinda just move on to the next blog and not say anything if you aint impressed with what I has ta say. If they really enjoyed it, they'd comment.

It is one thing ta hear praise from family and friends, they aint goin'a to say EWWW that sucks cause they dont wanna be hurtin my feelings. But a couple of them Art Challenge people posted cool comments on the Fresh Eyeballs over the weekend, and this 'un actually brought tears ta my eyes. I had ta share it with ya'll!

This is what I call - VALIDATION. When a compadre - a peer - whatever you call it, makes a comment like this, WOW. Seriously, I alternated betweeen a snoopy dance and tears o'joy. It was one of the best moments of my life. Check this out:

Dear Challenge friend, sometimes there is no logic in things that happen to us. When I get into your pictures I can feel poetry. No matter the way to express yourself, you find the way. You make this argentinian, at the other side of the world, to write in english, to share what you eyes imagine. Thats art! A pleasure to meet you. And please keep your eyes open and let us dream with you. --Posted by Leo Batic to Fresh Eyeballs at 6/03/2006 05:57:18 PM

WOW! YEEEEEEEEEE HAW!

5 comments:

Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I tried to comment numerous times and blogger was acting.
A big Hats Off to you Honey! You deserve to feel good!

12:22 PM CDT  
Blogger Michelle said...

I tried to comment too!! Blogger is being a butthead!!

COngrats on the great comments!! That is way cool!!! :)

1:01 PM CDT  
Blogger Gerald de Dios said...

Congratulations, welcome aboard! I'm glad you could join.

4:46 PM CDT  
Blogger Phain said...

wooooooofukinhoooooooooo - attagirl!

10:36 PM CDT  
Blogger Kristi said...

oh so nice.
nothing wrong with validation from strangers.

8:37 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™