C Doo Dah's Chitter Chat: blog leave of absence <$BlogMetaDatCa$>

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

blog leave of absence

Hi everybody

I am back from Destin and we had a wonderful time. Got a bit of heat stroke and a tad burnt (unusual for me because I am French/Cherokee Indian and Dark German and usually do not burn at all).

I am writing to tell you all that I am going to take a blog leave of absence. This is a very difficult decision for me. There are several reasons behind this decision:

1- blogging ...my blog and keeping up with all of your antics on your blogs takes a tremendous amount of time. At this time in my professional and personal life, I really need to cut back.

2- the old biz ...I am selling my Accounting business to a gal who works for me now. She cannot afford it all, so we have worked out an "over time" buyout. She is going to take over management gradually and work it for me for a year or two until she is ready. I have alot to do to prepare for this and to slide it over to her.

3- the new biz ...I am opening a new photography business. While in Destin, I met up with some people who have Gallerias, quazi-Antique and Boutiques. I could sell some of my photos I took down there for $300 to $500 each like hotcakes. I also and going to have a showing here in Memphis..........time and date I will let you all know and if you happen to be in HELL that particular day....please stop on in! LOL In the meantime, please keep up with my other blog Fresh Eyeballs.

4- life ...I have some serious shit to deal with in my life now. I HAVE to focus on me and my family, if that includes "Elmer" or not, that is to be determined. He knows where I stand and what I expect. Happiness is paramount to me, it affects my kids, and it will be achieved one way or another.

Until then, I will be shutting down Rooster Noodle Soup - but Fresh Eyeballs is still up and I will be contributing to Art Blog Challenge. I soon will be opening up a new webpage (not blog) with the help of a good pal. It will be the real me and not Doo Dah undercover.

I love you all (and many more of you) out there in blogville. You are some truly cool people who have been totally supportive of me in my pain and whatnot. Keep in touch via email and pop in on Fresh Eyeballs from time to time. Rooster may be back around again..............probably sooner than I could imagine right now.

Loads of blogger love and kisses
Doo Dah

8 comments:

Blogger Al said...

Blogdom will be lessened by your absence. I was looking forward to your return

1:37 PM CDT  
Blogger Leigh said...

I wish you all the best, and will miss your posts. Good Luck!!

1:53 PM CDT  
Blogger Angela said...

Well sugar ya gotta doo whatcha gotta doo. You take care now :-).

2:05 PM CDT  
Blogger S* said...

Best of luck. I hope everything goes wonderfully well with your new ventures.

2:11 PM CDT  
Blogger Memphis said...

Even though I hate to see you go, somehow it's better to find this here along with the previous posts than to just find you gone. I suppose that's because it leaves open the possibility of your return someday.

Good luck to you!

3:01 PM CDT  
Blogger Nonblond said...

We will miss you! Best of luck...

7:25 PM CDT  
Blogger Lynilu said...

You'll be missed, but I'm glad that you're continuing the others! Best of luck!

8:42 AM CDT  
Blogger Cade said...

Hey there. Thanks for the comment on my blog. You know, sometimes taking a blog break is the best thing. Just don't delete it!

Much Love and thanks again. Hope you're feeling better. Stay hydrated! And if you need a Personal Umbrella Holder I volunteer!! :P

5:37 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™