C Doo Dah's Chitter Chat: I done been enlightened <$BlogMetaDatCa$>

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I done been enlightened

ok, so I am a transplanted Northerner, but I DO like my grits now. When I done moved down here, I was a bit quizzicle and apprehensive, cause dammmmm they shore did make a fuss over them. When I finally did get me some, I really did loves them, but when I was-a growin up up North, Cream of Wheats and Cocoa Cream of Wheats were popular.

And, ya has to find just the right place to get them when yer eatin out, cause everybody does em differnt. Dang tootin, they shore'nuf can be troublesome when ya dont liken the grits they is thinking was the best'un ever. Best to shove nasty ones off'n the floor (by accident, 'course).

I found this while perusing the web, and found it quite correct, er, shall I say SC (ie changing Politically Correct to Southern Correct), which is almighty important should ya'll wanna live down here. Naw, pay'tention and git this straight, ya'hear?

The Ten Commandments of Grits

1. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

2. Thou shalt not eat thy Grits with a spoon.

3. Thou shalt not eat Cream of Wheat and call it Grits for this is blasphemy.

4. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Grits.

5. Thou shalt only use Salt, Butter and Cheese as toppings for thy Grits.

6. Thou shalt not eat Instant Grits.

7. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

8. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

9. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.

10. Thou shalt not put sugar on thy Grits either.


3 comments:

Blogger Caren's Corner said...

LMAO!!!!! I HATE GRITS!!!

when we lived in NC everyone made a big deal of them as well..eric tried them a few thousand different ways and said they were only ok..which was enough for me to not try them b/c that kid is a human garbage disposal..he'll eat anything!

very funny post :)

3:03 PM CST  
Blogger mtnmama said...

my man opened a diner back in sept. being a chef from louisianna he couldn't NOT put cajun grits on the menu. folks were skeptical, and now they are hooked. nice post!

7:21 PM CST  
Blogger Memphis said...

Augh! Grits have to be done JUST RIGHT or they're just white waxy little wads of crap in your mouth.

9:36 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™